format() changes discussion (was: Re: psql metaqueries with \gexec)

От Corey Huinker
Тема format() changes discussion (was: Re: psql metaqueries with \gexec)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(One thing I had to come up with was processing of arrays, which you
also see in that example JSON -- it's the specifiers that have a colon
inside the {}.  The part after the colon is used as separator between
the array elements, and each element is expanded separately.)

I'm splitting the subject line because it seems like two very different patches may come out of this.