Re: Statistics Import and Export

От Corey Huinker
Тема Re: Statistics Import and Export
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 29, 2024 at 7:34 PM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
On Fri, 2024-03-29 at 18:02 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I’d certainly think “with stats” would be the preferred default of
> our users.

I'm concerned there could still be paths that lead to an error. For
pg_restore, or when loading a SQL file, a single error isn't fatal
(unless -e is specified), but it still could be somewhat scary to see
errors during a reload.

To that end, I'm going to be modifying the "Optimizer statistics are not transferred by pg_upgrade..." message when stats _were_ transferred, width additional instructions that the user should treat any stats-ish error messages encountered as a reason to manually analyze that table. We should probably say something about extended stats as well.