Re: PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless

От Corey Huinker
Тема Re: PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

As far as the original problem goes, I wonder whether what you really
want isn't a \quit command that lets you specify psql's exit code.

The ability to specify an exit code was part of the brainstorming, yes. But with it was the ability to conditionally quit.

Actually, I'm seeing this as basically an assertion capability and maybe should be named as such

\assert_is
\assert_isnot ​

That came up too! I see real value in the ability to test for error conditions. I just had a more immediate need for a non-error exit condition.