Re: \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: [HACKERS] PSQL commands:\quit_if, \quit_unless)

От Corey Huinker
Тема Re: \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: [HACKERS] PSQL commands:\quit_if, \quit_unless)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

As I understood it, the negative feeback was really about sh inspiration "if/fi", not about elif/elsif/elseif. I do not think that there was an
expressed consensus about the later.

True

The closest case is CPP with its line-oriented #-prefix syntax, and I still think that we should do it like that.

Given that the pl/pgsql syntax has a space between "end" and "if", I have to agree. It's easy enough to change back if others can make a convincing argument for something else.