Re: parse_slash_copy doesn't support psql variables substitution

От Corey Huinker
Тема Re: parse_slash_copy doesn't support psql variables substitution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 8:33 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

Is there some reason why \copy statement (parse_slash_copy parser) doesn't support psql variables?

Regards

Pavel

I remember wondering about that when I was working on the \if stuff. I dug into it a bit, but the problem was out of scope for my goals.

The additional options recently added to \g reduced my need for \copy, and it seemed liked there was some effort to have input pipes as well, that would eliminate the need for \copy altogether.