Re: Add A Glossary

От Corey Huinker
Тема Re: Add A Glossary
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > +      Records</glossterm> to the file system and creates a special
>
> Does the chckpointer actually write WAL ?

Yes.

> An FK doesn't require the values in its table to be unique, right ?

I believe it does require that the values are unique.

> I think there's some confusion.  Constraints are not objects, right ?

I think constraints are definitely objects. They have names and you
can, for example, COMMENT on them.

> Do we use shared_buffers for WAL ?

No.

(I have not reviewed the patch; these are just a few comments on your comments.)

I'm going to be coalescing the feedback into an updated patch very soon (tonight/tomorrow), so please keep the feedback on the text/wording coming until then.
If anyone has a first attempt at all the ACID definitions, I'd love to see those as well.