Re: Statistics Import and Export

От Corey Huinker
Тема Re: Statistics Import and Export
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Maybe I just don't understand, but I'm pretty sure ANALYZE does not
derive index stats from column stats. It actually builds them from the
row sample.

That is correct, my error.

> * now support extended statistics except for MCV, which is currently
> serialized as an difficult-to-decompose bytea field.

Doesn't pg_mcv_list_items() already do all the heavy work?

Thanks! I'll look into that.

The comment below in mcv.c made me think there was no easy way to get output.

/*
 * pg_mcv_list_out      - output routine for type pg_mcv_list.
 *
 * MCV lists are serialized into a bytea value, so we simply call byteaout()
 * to serialize the value into text. But it'd be nice to serialize that into
 * a meaningful representation (e.g. for inspection by people).
 *
 * XXX This should probably return something meaningful, similar to what
 * pg_dependencies_out does. Not sure how to deal with the deduplicated
 * values, though - do we want to expand that or not?
 */