Re: BUG #15446: Crash on ALTER TABLE

От Dmitry Molotkov
Тема Re: BUG #15446: Crash on ALTER TABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I tried to reproduce it with DDL but no luck. I even tried to backup with the state before crash and then restore but there wasn't error in such case too.
I`m using windows, so i cant really follow your instruction for taking dump.
I guess the easiest would be to recreate it via that python .

сб, 27 окт. 2018 г. в 17:46, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>:
On 2018-Oct-27, Dmitry Molotkov wrote:

> I just checked with that statement and pgadmin and it still crash the db.
> Its not related to my pc, since i initially encountered it on CI with
> totally different os and setup, and then reproduced it locally.
> https://i.imgur.com/qn1cyOz.png here what happen if i execute that alter
> query in pgadmin

It probably depends on other things in the table -- maybe indexes, or
foreign keys, or something else.  If you can reproduce in psql or
pgadmin starting from an empty database and some DDL, please submit
that.

If not, can you attach a debugger to the process before it crashes, and
get a core file?  There are some instructions here:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD

Thanks

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/