Re: streaming replication, "frozen snapshot backup on it" and missing relfile (postgres 9.2.3 on xfs + LVM)

От Benedikt Grundmann
Тема Re: streaming replication, "frozen snapshot backup on it" and missing relfile (postgres 9.2.3 on xfs + LVM)
Дата
Ответ на Re: streaming replication, "frozen snapshot backup on it" and missing relfile (postgres 9.2.3 on xfs + LVM)  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
On 15.05.2013 15:42, David Powers wrote:
First, thanks for the replies.  This sort of thing is frustrating and hard
to diagnose at a distance, and any help is appreciated.

Here is some more background:

We have 3 9.2.4 databases using the following setup:

The subject says 9.2.3. Are you sure you're running 9.2.4 on all the servers? There was a fix to a bug related to starting a standby server from a filesystem snapshot. I don't think it was quite the case you have, but pretty close.

So this is delightfully embarrassing I just went back to double check and

- primary box is 9.2.3
- standby is 9.2.4
- testing is 9.2.4

I guess that alone could possibly explain it?

Thanks,

Bene