Re: postgres 8.4.9: running out of memory (malloc fails) when running a transaction that runs a LOT of selects

От Benedikt Grundmann
Тема Re: postgres 8.4.9: running out of memory (malloc fails) when running a transaction that runs a LOT of selects
Дата
Ответ на Re: postgres 8.4.9: running out of memory (malloc fails) when running a transaction that runs a LOT of selects  (Benedikt Grundmann <bgrundmann@janestreet.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Benedikt Grundmann
<bgrundmann@janestreet.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Benedikt Grundmann
> <bgrundmann@janestreet.com> wrote:
>>
> Actually I believe this must be it.  I just went back and checked the library
> and it does not CLOSE the cursors.  This is normally not a problem as most
> transactions we have run one or two queries only...  I'll patch the library
> to CLOSE the cursor when all the data has been delivered and test if the
> error does not happen then.

Just to confirm that indeed fixed it.  Sorry for the noise.

Bene

От: Benedikt Grundmann
Сообщение: Re: postgres 8.4.9: running out of memory (malloc fails) when running a transaction that runs a LOT of selects
От: Andres Freund