Re: Problems with pg_upgrade after change of unix user running db.

От Benedikt Grundmann
Тема Re: Problems with pg_upgrade after change of unix user running db.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 30 November 2015 at 17:01, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 04:51:15PM +0000, Benedikt Grundmann wrote:
>     Are you able to compile from 9.4 git head and test that?  It seems
>     dumping inheriting constraints from parents has not worked properly for
>     some time.
>

> Do I need to get the latest/head 9.2 or the latest/head 9.4 or both?  For what
> it is worth I just tried after upgrading to the latest released 9.2 (and same
> 9.45) and that didn't work :-(

You actually need non-released 9.4.X code that is in pg_dump, and we use
9.4 pg_dump to dump the 9.2 database.

> I should certainly be able to compile from source.  But the upgrade to 9.4 is
> by far not high on my priority stack (other than maybe some speed wins there is
> nothing in 9.4 that we are eager for, there are some niceties but I can happily
> live without all of them for years) and has already consumed way more time than
> I had scheduled for it.  So I'll return to focus on other work for at least
> this week and maybe more depending on how that work goes.
>
> Thanks to everyone I'll certainly update this thread if / when I have more time
> to devote to this.

The simplest solution is to wait for 9.4.6 to be released and test that.

I just tried this again.  This time from 9.2.17 to 9.5.4 and pg_upgrade chokes with this:

[root@igm-dbc-001 upgrade-logs]# tail pg_upgrade_dump_16416.log
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "=>"
LINE 1: CREATE OPERATOR => (
                        ^
    Command was: CREATE OPERATOR => (
    PROCEDURE = "tconvert",
    LEFTARG = "text",
    RIGHTARG = "text"
);

-- For binary upgrade, hand...

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,

Bene

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ Roman grave inscription                             +