Re: [HACKERS] SendRowDescriptionMessage() is slow for queries with alot of columns

От Mithun Cy
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SendRowDescriptionMessage() is slow for queries with alot of columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Mithun Cy <mithun.cy@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 16, 2017 at 3:03 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> So I think performance gain is visible. We saved a good amount of
> execution cycle in SendRowDescriptionMessagewhen(my callgrind report
> confirmed same) when we project a large number of columns in the query
> with these new patches.

I have tested patch, for me, patch looks good and can see improvement
in performance as a number of columns projected increases in the
query. There appear some cosmetic issues(pgindent issues + end of file
cr) in the patch if it can be considered as a valid issue they need
changes. Rest look okay for me.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mithun C Y