Re: Cache Hash Index meta page.

От Mithun Cy
Тема Re: Cache Hash Index meta page.
Дата
Re: Cache Hash Index meta page.  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 8:10 PM, Jesper Pedersen <jesper.pedersen@redhat.com> wrote:
>As the concurrent hash index patch was committed in 6d46f4 this patch needs a rebase.

Thanks Jesper,

Adding the rebased patch.

I have re-run the pgbench readonly tests with below modification.

"alter table pgbench_accounts drop constraint pgbench_accounts_pkey" postgres
"create index pgbench_accounts_pkey on pgbench_accounts using hash(aid)" postgres

Postgres Server settings:
./postgres -c shared_buffers=8GB -N 200 -c min_wal_size=15GB -c max_wal_size=20GB -c checkpoint_timeout=900 -c maintenance_work_mem=1GB -c checkpoint_completion_target=0.9

pgbench settings:
scale_factor = 300 (so database fits in shared_buffer)
Mode =  -M prepared -S (prepared readonly mode).

Machine used:
power2 with sufficient ram for above shared_buffer.

#############lscpu
CPU(s):                192
On-line CPU(s) list:   0-191
Thread(s) per core:    8
Core(s) per socket:    1
Socket(s):             24
NUMA node(s):          4
Model:                 IBM,8286-42A

Clients

Cache  Meta Page patch

Base code with amits changes

      %imp

1

17062.513102

17218.353817

-0.9050848685

8

138525.808342

128149.381759

8.0971335488

16

212278.44762

205870.456661

3.1126326054

32

369453.224112

360423.566937

2.5052904425

64

576090.293018

510665.044842

12.8117733604

96

686813.187117

504950.885867

36.0158396272

104

688932.67516

498365.55841

38.2384202789

128

730728.526322

409011.008553

78.6574226711

Appears there is a good improvement at higher clients.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mithun C Y

Вложения