Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables

От Mithun Cy
Тема Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 10:53 PM John Naylor <jcnaylor@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/3/18, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > fsm_local_set is being called from RecordAndGetPageWithFreeSpace and
> > GetPageWithFreeSpace whereas the change we have discussed was specific
> > to GetPageWithFreeSpace, so not sure if we need any change in
> > fsm_local_set.

I have some minor comments for pg_upgrade patch
1. Now we call stat main fork file in transfer_relfile()
+        sret = stat(old_file, &statbuf);

+        /* Save the size of the first segment of the main fork. */
+        if (type_suffix[0] == '\0' && segno == 0)
+            first_seg_size = statbuf.st_size;

But we do not handle the case if stat has returned any error!

2. src/bin/pg_upgrade/pg_upgrade.h

     char       *relname;
+
+    char        relkind;        /* relation relkind -- see pg_class.h */

I think we can remove the added empty line.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mithun Chicklore Yogendra