Re: ransomware

От Marc Millas
Тема Re: ransomware
Дата
Re: ransomware  (Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I know its quite general. It is as I dont know what approaches may exist.

Requirement is extremely simple: Is there anyway, from a running postgres standpoint, to be aware that a ransomware is currently crypting your data ?

answer can be as simple as: when postgres do crash.....

something else ?

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect
+33607850334

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 2:37 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 01, 2021 at 03:38:35PM +0100, Marc Millas wrote:
> there are various ways to do those checks but I was wandering if any
> ""standard''" solution exist within postgres ecosystem, or someone do have
> any feedback on the topic.

It seems to me that you should first write down on a sheet of paper a
list of all the requirements you are trying to satisfy.  What you are
describing here is a rather general problem line, so nobody can help
without knowing what you are trying to achieve, precisely.
--
Michael