Wal sender process not moving past wait_event_type: IO and wait_event: WALRead

От Anurag Shrivastava
Тема Wal sender process not moving past wait_event_type: IO and wait_event: WALRead
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Hi Postgres team,
We are facing an issue where we are unable to read data from a logical replication slot after a certain period of time. Every time after dropping the slot, it works fine for a few days and then again we are not able to read from the slot(we have been unable to find any queries that might be causing this issue). Each time the walsender process is getting stuck wait event type: IO and wait_event: WALRead. We've tried this with pgoutput, test_decoding and wal2json, with all three we have faced same issue.
Is there a way to be able to read the data from the same slot?

result for select * from pg_stat_activity:
datid
datname
pid
usesysid