Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY?

От Tim Kane
Тема Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
This just hit us today... Admittedly on an old cluster still running 9.2, though I can't see any mention of it being
Sat,1 Nov 2014 at 07:45, Simon Riggs <<a href="mailto:simon@2ndquadrant.com">simon@2ndquadrant.com</a>> wrote:<br
/></div><blockquoteclass="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On 31
October2014 17:46, Michael Banck <<a href="mailto:michael.banck@credativ.de"
CREATEINDEX gets around the wait by using indcheckxmin to see whether<br /> the row is usable. So the command
duringa concurrent index build,<br />   because we won't set indisvalid true until all transactions that care<br />
aboutthe broken HOT chains are gone.<br /><br /> Reading that again, I can't see why we do it that way. If CREATE
Xid,not a boolean<br />    For CREATE INDEX, set the indcheckxmin = xid of creating transaction<br />    For CREATE
doesthis is that the Xmin value used currently<br /> is the Xmin of the index row. The index row is inserted prior to
the<br/> index being valid so that technique cannot work. So I am suggesting<br /> for CIC that we use the xid of the
transactionthat completes the<br /> index, not the xid that originally created the index row. Plus handle<br /> the
href="http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/"rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/</a><br />  PostgreSQL
href="mailto:pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org"target="_blank">pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org</a>)<br /> To make changes to