Re: proposal: plpgsql pragma statement

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: proposal: plpgsql pragma statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
You can alter the lexer and create a comment node, right? That’s how we did hints in EnterpriseDB.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 11:41 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

st 5. 12. 2018 v 15:03 odesílatel Pavel Luzanov <p.luzanov@postgrespro.ru> napsal:

But maybe your extension could read the PERFORM statement preceding it and treat it as an annotation hint for the following statement.

In this case, comment line in some format will be better than real PERFORM statement. Like this:

/*+PRAGMA cmdtype CREATE; */
EXECUTE format('CREATE TABLE xxx ...

I looked there and It is not possible to implement it - plpgsql uses SQL lexer, and the content of comments are just ignored. So I cannot to read comments. There is not any possibility to read it simply from plpgsql. Unfortunately, but it is expected, there is nothing like query string for plpgsql statement.

Regards

Pavel

-----
Pavel Luzanov