Re: orangutan seizes up during isolation-check

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: orangutan seizes up during isolation-check
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
So at this point removing the  --enable-nls from my config will solve the build problem.

Everyone knows there is an issue so there is no point in continuing to have it fail.

On 31 December 2014 at 13:52, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 07:20:04PM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 12/28/2014 04:58 PM, Noah Misch wrote:
> >The gettext maintainer was open to implementing the setlocale_native_forked()
> >technique in gettext, though the last visible progress was in October.  In any
> >event, PostgreSQL builds will see older gettext for several years.  If
> >setlocale-darwin-fork-v1.patch is not wanted, I suggest making the postmaster
> >check during startup whether it has become multithreaded.  If multithreaded:
> >
> >   FATAL: postmaster became multithreaded during startup
> >   HINT: Set the LC_ALL environment variable to a valid locale.

> >I would like to go ahead and commit setlocale-main-harden-v1.patch, which is a
> >good thing to have regardless of what happens with gettext.
> >

> I'm OK with this, but on its own it won't fix orangutan's problems, will it?

Right; setlocale-main-harden-v1.patch fixes a bug not affecting orangutan at
all.  None of the above will make orangutan turn green.  Checking
multithreading during startup would merely let it fail cleanly.