Re: Insertion time is very high for inserting data in postgres

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Insertion time is very high for inserting data in postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 at 06:11, Niels Jespersen <NJN@dst.dk> wrote:

>Fra: prachi surangalikar <surangalikarprachi100@gmail.com>

>Hello Team,

>Greetings!

>We are using Postgres 12.2.1 for fetching per minute data for about 25 machines but running parallely via a single thread in python.

>But suddenly the insertion time has increased to a very high level, about 30 second for one machine.

>We are in so much problem as the data fetching is becoming slow.

Before anyone can help you, you will have to provide much more information.

Schema, data that you are inserting, size of the machine, configuration settings. etc.

Dave

>if anyone could help us to solve this problem it would be of great help to us.

Get your data into a Text.IO memory structure and then use copy https://www.psycopg.org/docs/usage.html#using-copy-to-and-copy-from

This is THE way of high-performant inserts using Postgres.

Regards Niels Jespersen

Сообщение: Re: Increased size of database dump even though LESS consumed storage
Сообщение: Re: Increased size of database dump even though LESS consumed storage