git gururs

От Dave Cramer
Тема git gururs
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I am trying to figure out a rational workflow with the branches here.

I have cloned the project to my own repo so if I want add a patch my current workflow is

1) pull from the real jdbc remote repo to make sure everything is up to date
2) push to my remote to update my remote
3) create a new branch to work on
4) modify code, test commit to my new branch
5) checkout master
6) merge with new branch
7) push to my remote

Now here's where I've run into trouble.

Can I just push to the real jdbc remote ?

Next how to backpatch.

just checking out REL9_2_STABLE and merging my new branch doesn't work as I branched off of master. Should I branch off REL9_2_STABLE and then merge to master ???

TIA,
Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca