Re: Bound parameters on Linux are extremely slow (compared to unbound and/or Windows)

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Bound parameters on Linux are extremely slow (compared to unbound and/or Windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Reuven M. Lerner <reuven@lerner.co.il> wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions, Dave; I'm traveling, but will get the added data and post to the list ASAP.  I appreciate your time and ideas.

One of your answers has piqued my curiosity, though:

      Is there an option in JDBC that can give us a more direct connection?

Yes but you will have no protection from sql injection. You can use protocol 2  add protocolVersion=2 to the url

We don't need to worry about SQL injection in this particular application, so far as I know.  (I'll obviously check with the developers, to make sure that it's really a zero chance, but I'm 95% sure that it's an internal app without any external data sources.)

What else would we lose by switching to protocol version 2?  Does this version not use parameter binding?  I'm just wondering what will and won't work in protocol 2, and why it might be faster for our purposes.

Well actually at pgcon this week the developers talked about deprecating protocol 2. It does not use binding it builds the query into a string and does param replacing before executing the query.

I'd really prefer to understand this issue.

Thanks!

Dave

Сообщение: Re: Bound parameters on Linux are extremely slow (compared to unbound and/or Windows)
Сообщение: Re: Bound parameters on Linux are extremely slow (compared to unbound and/or Windows)