Re: Disable JDBC driver SSL connection attempt with GeoNetwork/PostgreSQL-PostGIS DB

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Disable JDBC driver SSL connection attempt with GeoNetwork/PostgreSQL-PostGIS DB
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 9 Dec 2022 at 07:20, Mark Rotteveel <mark@lawinegevaar.nl> wrote:
On 08-12-2022 13:47, celati Laurent wrote:
> i work with postgresql 13 and java 8
>
> Following to my previous post :
> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/445280/geonetwork-4-2-1-debian-install-error-message <https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/445280/geonetwork-4-2-1-debian-install-error-message>
>
> The problem seems to come from the JDBC driver wants to connect over
> SSL. How to disable SSL connection attempt? I would prefer to try
> disable SSL connection attempt via GeoNetwork config files rather than
> to enable/set a SSL configuration (like set a certificate for instance)
> on the PostgreSQL/PostGIS db.

 by default jdbc does not connect with ssl so I'm curious why it would be trying to?

Dave

> For information, I succeed in connecting to my PostGIS db via psql
> console. Below the geonetwork jdbc.properties at
> jdbc.connectionProperties is on ssl=false
>

> jdbc.connectionProperties=ssl=false

Are you sure this is the proper way to specify additional configuration
properties? Maybe it is `jdbc.connectionProperties.ssl=false`? To be
clear, I don't know this tool. but I'm just guessing based on patterns
in other tools.

That said, the documentation of the `ssl` configuration properties says
that the mere presence of that property enables SSL, irrespective of the
value (see ssl at
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/use/#connection-parameters).

> But i have still the same error messages regarding ssl when i try to
> start geonetwork.
> This morning, i saw this post :
> https://forum.inductiveautomation.com/t/ignition-7-5-5-how-to-disable-ssl-for-connection-to-posgres-13/47275 <https://forum.inductiveautomation.com/t/ignition-7-5-5-how-to-disable-ssl-for-connection-to-posgres-13/47275>
>
> So i tried to test with sslmode=disable
>
> But it does not work for me. Still the same logs/errors messages.

Have you tried adding the configuration option to the JDBC URL (as
suggested by that link), instead of using that jdbc.connectionProperties
thing?

--
Mark Rotteveel