CommandStatus from insert returning when using a portal.

От Dave Cramer
Тема CommandStatus from insert returning when using a portal.
Дата
Re: CommandStatus from insert returning when using a portal.  (Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im>)
Re: CommandStatus from insert returning when using a portal.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

With a simple insert such as

INSERT INTO test_table (cnt) VALUES (1), (2) RETURNING id

if a portal is used to get the results then the CommandStatus is not returned on the execute only when the portal is closed. After looking at this more it is really after all of the data is read which is consistent if you don't use a portal, however it would be much more useful if we received the CommandStatus after the insert was completed and before the data

Obviously I am biased by the JDBC API which would like to have

PreparedStatement.execute() return the number of rows inserted without having to wait to read all of the rows returned

Dave Cramer