Re: JDBC4 Postgresql Driver

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: JDBC4 Postgresql Driver
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Laura,

See my answers inline below.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Boyer, Laura (GE Aviation, US)
<laura.boyer@ge.com> wrote:
> Hello PostgreSQL Global Development Group:
>
> I’m in process of determining an export control tag (ECCN) for JDBC4.  I’d
> appreciate if you could answer the below questions.
>
> How is JDBC4 different from PostgreSQL, psqlODBC?

PostgreSQL is a database server, JDBC4 is strictly speaking an API,
but I presume you are asking about the client library that implements
it and allows java programs to connect to the PostgreSQL database
server.
psqlODBC is very similar client library which implements the ODBC API
as opposed to the JDBC API.

> Does JDBC4 contain embedded encryption, or special software technology?

No

You're welcome

Dave