Re: Website Redo Kick Off

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Website Redo Kick Off
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Dana,

This is awesome! Keep us posted.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM, dmp <danap@ttc-cmc.net> wrote:
In the last week I have evaluated the reduced list of tools for creating
the new website by installing, using, and reviewing the documentation. A
selection has been made to use Jekyll.

The reason largely based on the two goals outlined in the initial thread
and user responses.

Goals:

1. Make the Site Easier To Maintain.
2. Allow Others to Contribute/Manage the Updates.

Jekyll met those requirements better than the other options, Twitter
Bootstrap was removed, because it is not a site generation tool as
pointed out by feedback.

The plan is to change the site to match the existing style of the
postgresql.org site. As I begin this process of creating the scripted
site I will post updates for review to:

http://pgjdbc.ourbigsky.com/

danap

dmp wrote:
Over the weekend I completed the review of all the scripting tools
documented
for generating static sites. Per the group's request I narrowed the
field down
to the ones listed below. Narrowing was first based on currency of project
files, then other things like documentation. Since I'm new to these
tools I'm
sure the narrowing was much less knowledge based, but rather by impression.

I will begin installing and trying the tools now. At the top of this, only
by coincidence, was Jekyll it had the most responses. Webgen seems to
have been
a stable in this area for awhile and was quoted by many of the other tools.
Apache ASF is a CMS, but was mentioned in the discussion and may be viable
for the website generation I do not know. I will investigate further. I
came
across Twitter Bootstrap and it impressed me because it seemed simple
and had
example templates for various sites.

danap.

Tools:

===================
Jekyll: (2013)
http://jekyllrb.com/
ruby

===================
Webgen: (2013)
https://github.com/gettalong/webgen
http://webgen.rubyforge.org/documentation/
ruby

Apache ASF Content Management System: (In Use since 2010)
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/cms/ (subversion)
http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html (Info)

Twitter Bootstrap (2013)
http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/