Re: Patch fo select ip and/or port for outgoing connections

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Patch fo select ip and/or port for outgoing connections
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Interesting, thanks for the patch.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

Hi

In our environment we had the requirement to enforce that (on a multihomed server) the database driver uses a certain local ip to connect to the database server.
In java this can easily be archived calling "bind" on the tcp socket before calling connect.

I patched the source of the jdbc driver to make this available through the connection properties "BIND_IP" and "BIND_PORT".
Both are optional, we are using "BIND_IP" in production code.

I attached the patch for everyone to use in any way.
(I am unsure about the contribution process and license requirements but you can use this code however you see fit).

I would be grateful, if this patch or another way to archive the same goal could be included in the next release...

Best regards,
  Steffen