Re: getTables not returning 10 columns etc

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: getTables not returning 10 columns etc
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:50 AM, Samuel Gendler
> <sgendler@ideasculptor.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 7:22 PM, the6campbells <the6campbells@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>

>>> was expecting 10 not 5 columns and the names of the result columns for
>>> the metadata methods to be independent in terms of how RDBMS vendors
>>> may hold their system catalog.
>>> assuming JDBC result column names are as per the docs UPPER CASE.
>>>

>> The java documentation you link to certainly does seem to imply that all 10
>> columns should be there and doesn't seem to make allowances for any of them
>> being optional. As for the lower case thing, I recently noticed that all of
>> my column names come back in lower case, even if explicitly aliased to a
>> mixed case or upper case name.  A bit of googling revealed that the sql
>> standard says nothing is case sensitive unless double quoted, so something
>> like this:

> Yes, the missing columns are a real issue. JDBC 2.0 used to only require 5.

So what do these other 5 columns mean? Is there a mapping to a
postgresql database ?

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: getTables not returning 10 columns etc
Сообщение: Re: getTables not returning 10 columns etc