Testing strategies

От Dave Cramer
Тема Testing strategies
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I have a client wanting to test PostgreSQL on ZFS running Linux.

Other than pg_bench are there any other benchmarks that are easy to test?

One of the possible concerns is fragmentation over time. Any ideas on how
to fragment the database before running pg_bench ?

Also there is some concern about fragmentation of the WAL logs. I am
looking at testing with and without the WAL logs on ZFS. Any other specific
concerns ?

Dave Cramer
credativ ltd (Canada)

78 Zina St