Re: jsonb payload, compression and bandwith usage

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: jsonb payload, compression and bandwith usage
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Unfortunately no. The backend would need to understand this, and it doesn't

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On 22 July 2015 at 12:45, Yann Le Moigne <ylemoigne@javatic.fr> wrote:
Hi,

Currently, I use PgObject to store a document in a jsonb column.

But in my usecase ; network bandwith is limited and jsonb as string is quite heavy. (Between 2-5 Mbyte).
Something like gzip is very effective to reduce the size of the payload (about 70%).

So is there any support for compression in current jdbc driver ?
If yes, is it active by default ? (I don’t see any option in driver documentation to enable ou disable it).
If no, is there an alternative way to handle it ? (like handling json (de)compression at application level, et create some sort of automatic conversion on postgres side).

Thanks for your attention,
Best Regards,
Yann.