Re: PostgreSQL Limits: maximum number of columns in SELECT result

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Limits: maximum number of columns in SELECT result
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 31 May 2022 at 20:33, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jun 2022 at 07:08, Dave Cramer <davecramer@postgres.rocks> wrote:

> On Tue, 31 May 2022 at 14:51, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>
>> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:
>> > I think it's reasonable to have two adjacent rows in the table for these
>> > two closely related things, but rather than "columns per tuple" I would
>> > label the second one "columns in a result set".  This is easy enough to
>> > understand and to differentiate from the other limit.
>>
>> OK, with that wording it's probably clear enough.

> Reworded patch attached

I see the patch does not have the same text as what was proposed and
seconded above.  My personal preferences would be "result set
columns", but "columns in a result set" seems fine too.

I've adjusted the patch to use the wording proposed by Alvaro. See attached.

I will push this shortly.

David

Thanks David, Apparently I am truly unable to multi-task.

Dave

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Limits: maximum number of columns in SELECT result
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Limits: maximum number of columns in SELECT result