Re: Release 1204 released

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Release 1204 released
Дата
Re: Release 1204 released
Список pgsql-jdbc
Here is the proposed PR https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/403

Please comment

On 16 October 2015 at 03:01, Mark Rotteveel <mark@lawinegevaar.nl> wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 08:50:47 +0200, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>
wrote:
> Interesting issue - that is indeed a use-case I didn't think about.
>
> It's too bad that getColumns() doesn't return a "TABLE_TYPE" column that
> would match the types returned by getTableTypes()
>
> However, information_schema.columns does return columns from views, so
> those should at least be included
> (although not getting columns for materialized views or types would mean
> had to adjust my SQL Workbench for that)

As I understand it, materialized views are a type of table (or maybe a
special type of view), and therefor should be returned by getTables. A JDBC
driver is free to define additional table types, as long as those types
behave like tables (as in: can be selected). Not sure how that works for
types.

Mark