Re: Use of the word master

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Use of the word master
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

On Thu, 5 Aug 2021 at 19:19, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 8/5/21 2:26 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> PostgreSQL: Documentation: 13: 30.1. Publication
> <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/logical-replication-publication.html>
>

> "A /publication/ can be defined on any physical replication master."
>
> I would propose "any physical replication primary"

It could be any instance that's writable though. Perhaps:

"A publication can be defined on any database that can accept writes."

or

"A publication can be defined on any database that is not in recovery."

That said, +1 for the wording change.

Ya, the word primary is misleading here. I prefer

"A publication can be defined on any database that can accept writes."

as

"A publication can be defined on any database that is not in recovery."

introduces the concept of recovery which does not in my opinion add any clarity.

Dave

Jonathan