Re: test will not be finished when i using 200 client threads

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: test will not be finished when i using 200 client threads
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 9:23 PM, colin <neyeng@nhn.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to test postgresql using YCSB, and when i set client thread as
> 200, i found it will not be finished.
> and log likes
>
> -bash-3.2$ vi postgresql-Sun.log
> LOG:  database system was shut down at 2012-10-21 21:32:52 KST
> LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
> LOG:  autovacuum launcher started

If these are the only logs, and if you have logging configured to log
connections then the test is not connecting to postgresql at all.

> My key configuration in postgresql.conf
>

> listen_addresses = '*'
> max_connections = 400
> shared_buffers = 512MB
> temp_buffers = 200MB
> work_mem = 1GB

if you really have 200 simultaneous connections then the setting above
requires you to have 200GB of RAM.

> maintenance_work_mem = 512MB
>

> do you know why?

Based on the information you have provided I have no idea.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca