Re: Adding support for batches that return generated keys

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Adding support for batches that return generated keys
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Giuseppe,

I don't think there is any reason to require 1.4 compiling here ? Java 1.4 has been EOL since 2008.

Any new code only needs to be 1.7 compatible.

If we really need to back patch it for whatever reason that is another problem

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On 14 October 2014 09:14, Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe@eppesuigoccas.homedns.org> wrote:
Hello Craig,

On 10/10/2014 11:02, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've implemented support for batches that return generated keys.
>
> https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/204
>
> and I'm looking for feedback before I merge this into master.

I spent some time in looking your patch. Since I am just beginning
studying how pgjdbc works, I cannot speak about correctness of the code,
but I still have two questions:

First one is about the java version you are using. It seems to me that
the driver should be compileable in java 1.4, i.e., on a java version
that doesn't  use int and Integer in a mixed way. At the end of
getMaxResultRowSize() in org/postgresql/core/v3/SimpleQuery.java you
assign an int value to an Integer variable. Is this correct?
On the very same method, on the first lines, you extract the intValue()
from the Integer variable.

Second, in method flushIfDeadlockRisk(...) in file
org/postgresql/core/v3/QueryExecutorImpl.java, about line 1169, you use
the word "uresults". Is this a typo or a data structure used by pgjdbc?

Bye,
Giuseppe