Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On 25 January 2016 at 09:38, Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@redhat.com> wrote:
On Monday 25 of January 2016 09:11:51 Dave Cramer wrote:

> > From my experience, 99.9% of projects redistribute the required java
> > libraries.
> > I've never seen cases when the jar files were pulled from PRMs coming
> > with the OS.
> >
> > I wonder if there are live uses of "pgjdbc.rpm".
> >

> This is a good question and one for which you should have metrics as the
> latest jar has not been included in the redhat distro for quite some while.

No, we provide postgresql-jdbc.  What makes you think this?  That's is one
of the reasons why we are here in this discussion.

We always try to be as much up2date with upstream, but we are now behind,
unfortunately.

> How many tickets do you have asking for the jar ?

None, just for the update:

  1196445  postgresql-jdbc-9.4-1207 is available
  1217395  update maven notation
  1222596  postgresql-jdbc should depend on java-headless instead of java
  1255374  Incorrect mvn() Provides and pom.xml data

> Are there any other projects which require the jar ?

Answered in separate branch of this thread.

Ok, lets just keep moving forward. I've asked OSGI folks I'll report ASAP

Pavel