Re: Binary support for pgoutput plugin

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Binary support for pgoutput plugin
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 at 20:09, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2019-06-08 19:41:34 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> So the reason we are discussing using pgoutput plugin is because it is part
> of core and guaranteed to be in cloud providers solutions.

IMO people needing this should then band together and write one that's
suitable, rather than trying to coerce test_decoding and now pgoutput
into something they're not made for.

At the moment it would look a lot like pgoutput. For now I'm fine with no changes to pgoutput other than binary
Once we have some real use cases we can look at writing a new one. I would imagine we would actually start with
pgoutput and just add to it.

Thanks,
Dave