Re: [pgjdbc] Implement JDBC specs via pre-processor step (#435)

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: [pgjdbc] Implement JDBC specs via pre-processor step (#435)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On 8 January 2016 at 09:18, Pavel Kajaba <pkajaba@redhat.com> wrote:
On Fri, 2016-01-08 at 08:36 -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
OK, that makes sense. So here are the options AFAICT.

I guess you could use make and create a makefile to compile it. It should not be difficult.
I gather you would also have to compile the preprocessing tool as well ?

Sure, we can compile preprocessing easy, but we a problem in that tool.

However pgjdbc is stable project and we think that it's not good idea to depend on such small project

That decision has already been made. Unless you have a different preprocessing tool. We are unlikely to revert back to the previous code.

If the project were ever to go away, we could just write our own. It's not a huge job.

How are other java projects that use maven ever included in a distro ? Tomcat ?

Fedora has tooling which resolves maven dependencies from fedora repositories. However in RHEL
we want to minimalize number of packages, which will be shipped with RHEL.

So if you can resolve maven dependencies then I'm confused. What is the problem then?