Re: Unable to connect to 9.5 via JDBC driver 1207

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Unable to connect to 9.5 via JDBC driver 1207
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On 2 February 2016 at 16:21, rob stone <floriparob@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 2016-02-02 at 21:10 +0100, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Tom Lane schrieb am 02.02.2016 um 20:38:
> > > >

> > Since the quoted error message mentions a connection from
> > "127.0.0.1",
> > it's impossible that it is a reply from a remote server (unless
> > your
> > networking configuration is completely broken).  Presumably what is
> > happening is that what you think is a connection to a remote PG
> > server
> > is actually being made to localhost, and the local PG server's
> > pg_hba.conf
> > doesn't allow the username and/or dbname.  You could check that by
> > turning
> > on log_connections on both servers.
> >
> > As to why that would happen as a consequence of a driver version
> > change,
> > I'm pretty clueless, but I would wonder about differences in driver
> > config
> > files or the driver's interpretation of a connection URL.  In any
> > case,
> > certainly not enough information has been given to diagnose it.
>

> The initial error message in this thread was not from me.
>
> I am currently not in the office, but I will see if I can reproduce
> that tomorrow.
>
> I have also contacted the SQL Workbench/J user who reported this to
> me last week
> and asked him to describe his setup as well.
>
> In his case, the error message was:
>
> > FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "213.xxx.xx.xxx", user
> > "foobar", database "postgres", SSL on
>
> If I understood him correctly, he has no access to the server, so the
> only thing he did,
> was to change the driver and he could connect again.
>
> Thomas

I'm using a domain socket connection on my laptop. There is NO network.

I've been using JDBC drivers since Postgres 8.x. The pg_hba.conf file
has always been identical.

postgresql-9.4-1200.jdbc41.jar works fine on 9.4.
The issue is with 9.5.

So "local all all trust" according to the pg_hba.conf doco "translates"
to "localhost domain socket connection, any user, any database and
trust the person connecting" -- i.e. don't validate password.

The package org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl doesn't
display enough information in its error message.
It should display the URL used, which has to be built using pg_hba.conf
plus user input.

This:-

con = DriverManager.getConnection(url, user, password);

is the usual way to connect.

I don't know if using port 5434 for 9.5 is an issue. I'm still using
9.4 and its port number is 5433. (Clutching at straws. Probable red
herring.)

Please let me know if there are any other tests that I can run.

Cheers,
Rob

Rob,

So your problem is that when you upgraded postgres to 9.5 you were unable to connect using the *same* driver

Is that correct ?