Re: Pgagent is not reading pgpass file either in Windows or Linux.

От nageswara Bandla
Тема Re: Pgagent is not reading pgpass file either in Windows or Linux.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 12:57 PM, George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net> wrote:
On Thu, 31 May 2018 11:24:18 -0500, nageswara Bandla
<nag.bandla@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 7:45 PM, George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> LocalSystem has administrator permissions to virtually everything.
>> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/
>> ms684190(v=vs.85).aspx
>>
>> It should be able to read files belonging to any user.
>>
>> But the LocalSystem account can see only *global* environment
>> variables ... it can't see any user specific ones.  I would check if
>> the PGPASSFILE variable is set globally or only in the user account.
>>

>> I don't know anything specifically about running pgagent on Windows,
>> so I can't say why it is giving an error if the docs say it should
>> not.
>>

>I am setting the PGPASSFILE in system environment variables. I am not
>setting it in user specific environmental variables.

It just occurred to me that you said PGPASSFILE was set to

    %APPDATA%/postgresql/pgpass.conf

The problem may be that when LocalSystem expands %APPDATA%, it is
finding its own directory, which might be any of:

   C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\appdata
   C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData
   C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData

depending on your Windows version, policies (if any), and whether the
executable is 32 or 64 bit.

I wouldn't try messing with any of these directories. Instead try
setting PGPASSFILE to the full path to your file.

I have tried all of them, pgagent is not recognizing any of the above locations. In fact, I have tried both options

 #1. By defining PGPASSFILE to the above locations one after the other.
 #2. By copying pgpass.conf to all the three locations by creating Roaming/postgresql directories.

And also I have defined PGPASSFILE=C:\pgpass.conf; I think, this should be accessible to any system account. This also not working.

Thank you.

George

Сообщение: Re: now getting log messages!
Сообщение: RE: now getting log messages!