Re: Error XX000 After pg11 upgrade

От Simon Windsor
Тема Re: Error XX000 After pg11 upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

Thanks for all the help, and a couple of offlist suggestions.

We have fixed the problem by copying all of the data (160GB) to a partitioned table, replacing the trigger with table column defaults for timestamp and sequence values.

As a result, all is working ok.

Thank you, once again

Simon

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 at 01:28, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Simon Windsor <simon.windsor@cornfield.me.uk> writes:
> Since then, large bulk inserts of configuration changes are failing with
> this Error, but adhoc and small changes are working ok.

Might it be that things work as long as the trigger is only tasked with
redirecting to the same child table (or limited set of child tables)
within a particular insertion command?

I'm wondering if this could be related to bug #15913 --- which I just
fixed today, so maybe I just have it on the brain too much.  The
manifestation doesn't look quite the same, but given the way your
trigger is written, something about NEW.* changing type from one
call to the next might have something to do with it.

I also wonder how often you create/delete child tables.

Simon

Simon Windsor
Eml: simon.windsor@cornfield.org.uk
Tel: 01454 617689