Re: Accounting for between table correlation

От Alexander Stoddard
Тема Re: Accounting for between table correlation
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 2:47 PM Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 3:27 PM Alexander Stoddard <alexander.stoddard@gmail.com> wrote:
I am doing nothing to specify the optimizer. Do I have configurable options in that regard? I was unaware of them.

Read up on join_collapse_limit and geqo.

Note that you can set these values within your session to check and even just run explain [query] to check if the plan that would be used varies.

Thank you for this. I can get different plans by changing the different parameters, but if the output of EXPLAIN VERBOSE tells me geqo planning specifically is being used I'm not seeing it.  Is there a way to see in the explain plan if geqo was used?

Сообщение: Re: Accounting for between table correlation
Сообщение: Re: Accounting for between table correlation