Questions about support function and abbreviate

От Han Wang
Тема Questions about support function and abbreviate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I am trying to implement a sort support function for geometry data types in PostGIS with the new feature `SortSupport`. However, I have a question about this.

I think it is hardly to apply a sort support function to a complex data type without the `abbrev_converter` to simply the data structure into a single `Datum`. However, I do not know how the system determines when to apply the converter.

I appreciate any answers or suggestions. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Han