Deadlock detected after pg_repack receives SIGINT

От Jiří Hlinka
Тема Deadlock detected after pg_repack receives SIGINT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm running a pg_repack from a bash script with timeout of 10 minutes like
so (simplified version):
timeout -s SIGINT 10m pg_repack --table=frequently_updated_table

After the 10 min timeout, the OS sends SIGINT to pg_repack process so the
pg_repack calls:
SELECT repack.repack_drop($1, $2)
and it causes a deadlock with other process which is INSERTing into
frequently_updated_table that has a pg_repack's trigger to log every change
to a repack.log_[OID of frequently_updated_table].

Is it a bug of pg_repack or am I doing something wrong? Should I add some
detailed info?

Thank You for any help,
Jiri