Re: Deadlock detected after pg_repack receives SIGINT

От Jiří Hlinka
Тема Re: Deadlock detected after pg_repack receives SIGINT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Kevin,

my point was, that pg_repack deadlocked itself - I think it should be possible to guarantee deadlock-free behavior at least via advisory lock for operations of pg_repack itself (I understand it is not possible to guarantee this across more apps). If it is not true, I'd be glad to hear I'm wrong (really!).

Thanks,
Jiri

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 12:16 AM, Jiří Hlinka <jiri.hlinka@gmail.com> wrote:

> My opinion is, that pg_repack should guarantee a consistent,
> deadlock-free behaviour via proper locking policy

I would be very interesting in seeing a description of what locking
policy would guarantee deadlock-free behavior when run concurrently
with unknown software.  If you have a link to a paper on the topic,
that would serve as well as a description here.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

--