Re: code completion feature question

От Bartosz Dmytrak
Тема Re: code completion feature question
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,
lets say I would like do write something like this:

SELECT a."Col1", b."Col2"
FROM "FirstSchema"."FirstTable" a
INNER JOIN "SecondSchema"."SecondTable" b ON (a."RowId" = b."RefRowId")
WHERE a."Col3" = NULL;

so:
what works for me (pseudo code):
SELECT
FROM <CRL + Space> list of schemas in context menu <Space to accept> then I have got:

SELECT
FROM "FirstSchema". [and space, what is not needed]

I have to delete last space to get list of tables with Ctrl + space (and again only space accepts selection)

at least:
SELECT
FROM "FirstSchema"."FirstTable" a

and there is no possibility to use code completion to insert column name a."Col1" - Ctrl + space does not work after SELECT statement.

I think good benchmark is SQL Workbench code completion feature (it is intuitive - for me, and resolves table aliases). It is possible that I missed something, because I haven't read any docs, yet.

Hope this explanation is clear enough without any attachment.

Regards,
Bartek

2012/3/13 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>
On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 22:30 +0100, Bartosz Dmytrak wrote:
> Hi all,
> there is code completion feature in pgAdmin, where can I found some doc to
> read about this?

IIRC, the code completion feature comes from psql.

> It is great thing, but looks like need more development - on first sight
> e.g. I can't discover how to get column names, how to accept schema
> selection (without using space).

Can you give a more precise example?

--
Guillaume