Re: PG replication across DataCenters

От Kaushal Shriyan
Тема Re: PG replication across DataCenters
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
Torsten Förtsch wrote:
>> Don't use synchronous replication if you have a high transaction
>> rate and a noticable network latency between the sites.
>>
>> Wait for the next bugfix release, since a nasty bug has just
>> been discovered.
>
> Can you please explain or provide a pointer for more information?

If you mean the bug I mentioned, see this thread:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20131119142001.GA10498@alap2.anarazel.de

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Hi,

I am not sure i understand the difference between async and sync replication and on what scenarios i should use async or sync replication. Does it mean if it is within same DC then sync replication is the best and if it is across DC replication async is better than sync. Please help me understand.

Regards,

Kaushal