Alter the column data type of the large data volume table.

От charles meng
Тема Alter the column data type of the large data volume table.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I have a table with 1.6 billion records. The data type of the primary key column is incorrectly used as integer. I need to replace the type of the column with bigint. Is there any ideas for this?

Solutions that have been tried:
Adding temporary columns was too time-consuming, so I gave up.
Using a temporary table, there is no good way to migrate the original table data to the temporary table

Thanks in advance.