Re: How to properly index hstore tags column to faster search for keys

От Radu-Stefan Zugravu
Тема Re: How to properly index hstore tags column to faster search for keys
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
My EXPLAIN ANALYZE output can be found here: http://explain.depesz.com/s/Wbo.

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
On 07/07/13 08:28, Radu-Stefan Zugravu wrote:
Each node has a geometry column called geom and a hstore column
called tags. I need to extract nodes along a line that have certain
keys in the tags column. To do that I use the following query:

SELECT id, tags
FROM nodes
WHERE ST_DWithin(nodes.geom, ST_MakeLine('{$geom1}', '{$geom2}'), 0.001)
AND tags ? '{$type}';

CREATE  INDEX  nodes_tags_idx ON nodes USING GIN(tags);

After creating the index I searched again for nodes using the same first
query but there is no change in performance.

How can I properly use GIN and GIST to index tags column so I can faster
search for nodes that have a certain key in tags column?

Your index definition looks OK. Try showing the output of EXPLAIN ANALYSE for your query - that way we'll see if the index is being used. You can always paste explain output to: http://explain.depesz.com/ if it's too long for the email.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

--
Radu-Stefan Zugravu
0755 950 145

Сообщение: Re: How to properly index hstore tags column to faster search for keys
Сообщение: Re: How to properly index hstore tags column to faster search for keys