Re: Count of non-null values per table column

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Re: Count of non-null values per table column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 6:35 PM, David Nelson <dnelson77808@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:

Tthat is the way I would do it for a table with a small number of columns, but these have several dozen so this would get tedious. Although I just realized I could output the list of column names from the pg_stat view to a file and whip up some vi find and replace to create the entire statement pretty quickly. I was just wondering if that was the only way or not.

You could use this to generate the SQL:

\set my_table my_real_table_name

 SELECT 'SELECT COUNT(*) AS total_rows, '||array_to_string(array(SELECT 'COUNT('||column_name::text ||') AS ' || column_name::text FROM information_schema.columns WHERE table_name=:'my_table'),E',\n') || ' FROM ' || :'my_table' || ';';

Cheers,
Ken
--
AGENCY Software
A Free Software data system

learn more about AGENCY or
follow the discussion.

Сообщение: Re: Count of non-null values per table column
Сообщение: Re: Count of non-null values per table column